Friday, April 1, 2016

Checking in for April

Hey, all! Sorry for the dry spell last month; not only was my computer under siege from the Locky virus (yikes!), but there were some work-related issues I had to make priority. Regardless, I'm hoping I made it up with the Kirby's Epic Yarn rereview! I don't think we'll be seeing much of those, but I do have four other games in mind for that, so keep a look out for those.



At any rate, I wanted check in to say April's going to be quite the busy month. As we're (finally!) approaching the end of Ten Years of Kirby, some exciting Nintendo-related events are coming our way. First off, Star Fox Zero is releasing in mid-April! Needless to say, I'm super pumped for it, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate its launch than reviewing one of my favorite games: the N64 masterpiece Star Fox 64! I'm hoping to align the review somewhere around Zero's launch date (April 22nd), so please stay tuned!


And that's not all for non-Kirby reviews, as just two days before Zero's release is the 10th anniversary of another favorite title of mine: Mother 3! Of all of Nintendo's wonderful franchises, Mother is the one dearest to my heart and I've wanted to discuss both EarthBound and Mother 3 since forever. As I've recently played through both games, I feel the time is ripe to discuss my two favorite video games ever made. You can certainly expect both games to be covered before the 20th, and I aim to make them the best they can be. EarthBound Beginnings, the original Mother, is also scheduled to be reviewed but I feel the game requires another playthrough on my part before I can grant it the review it deserves, so expect it later this year (in the meantime, don't forget I wrote a Retro Scope on it for Nintendojo!)

Finally, as for Ten Years of Kirby, I'm aiming for a monthly review for the remaining games, so you can expect Kirby Mass Attack later this month. The bonus anime review as well as Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse will also follow this template. After three years, we've finally reached the end, so look forward to them!
April's set to introduce the content output I've been meaning to maintain for quite some time, so I hope you're as excited as I am. I know I can't wait to finally talk EarthBound!

Ah, yes, and one more thing...that big news I've been talking about? Progress is being made on it, and I can definitely confirm it WILL arrive this month. I can't wait to share it!

Edit (4/4): This is probably something I should've elaborated on earlier, but while progress is being made on the "big news", I cannot 100% guarantee it will become a reality. Various parties are working for it to be so, but if it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't happen. Whether or not it does, you WILL know by the end of the month. That I can assure you. Let's hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment