Sunday, January 17, 2016

Revival of Gaming Grunts Reviews! (Mostly)

Hello, all! A question: might you be familiar with the Internet Archive, home of the Wayback Machine? In case you don't know, it's a wonderful site that archives webpages, even if they've long since shut down. Anyway, I was using it last week to rediscover some beloved sites lost to time when a thought occurred to me: what if Gaming Grunts, that dead site I happened to intern for, was up on there? And if it was...would my reviews be as well?

To my delight, they were! My debut Mario Kart 8 review! Me reminiscing on WarioWare! Me shaking my head at the mediocrity that was Tales of Xillia 2! Truth be told, the closure of Gaming Grunts had me worried since it left a gaping hole in my resume, but now I have proof it existed. Joy!

Unfortunately, it's not all good news, as one review wasn't archived; namely, my exhaustive Pokémon Symphonic Legends review that was at least twice as long as the rest of the articles I wrote on there. Yeah, of course it had to be that one. I'm just as bummed as you are, so feel free to join me in uselessly clicking on this Facebook link about the article (the opening of it's right there! It's so close, yet so far).

Anyway, why am I telling you this? See, I finally figured out how to go around writing my next review, but it probably won't be ready until maybe a week's time. In the meantime, I figured it would be fun to revisit my old reviews and give them a safe home. As a bonus, I'll throw in a brief reflection on the articles as well as confirmation/disconfirmation on whether each respective piece will receive a deluxe, full-sized blog review from yours truly. There's about eight or so in all, so this week will be quite plentiful.

And what do you know, there'll also be Nintendojo article this week. Do stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment