I've spent twelve years playing video games. It's been quite a journey. It's been awesome, it's been rough, and I've even cried. I've had so much fun with video games, however, that I would not trade them for anything else. I do not regret one single moment.
In my first post of Leave Luck To Heaven, I'd like to take the opportunity to answer two pivotal questions: What should I expect to see in this blog, and what is its purpose?
-This is probably the most important bit. This blog will, for the most part, follow the passion of my life: Nintendo. If you love plumbers, timeline theories, pocket monsters, barrel rolls, final smashes, peanut cheese bars, and purple Pikmin as well, then I'd say you have quite the ballgame in your hands here. If these things don't appeal to you, however, then I'd advise you to get the hell out.
-In Leave Luck To Heaven, I'm going to be writing about video games. Now that we've gotten the obvious out of the way, I suppose I should list what exactly I will be writing:
- What's been going on in my life in terms of video games, such as getting the NES to work or what I've been playing recently.
- Deep thoughts and reflections about Nintendo's titles and the impact they've had on me. These will be very in-depth and, depending on the game, the time spent on these will vary.
- Various pieces of my life with Nintendo. This may or may not be combined with other pieces.
- Posting awesome official game art/fanart I find. This will probably be once a week.
- I'll also be posting game music in the form of Youtube videos. I'll be sharing my passion for game music and why I love it so much.
- My opinions on game announcements and what's been going on in the industry.
- Occasionally, maybe rants on why Nintendo fans today suck so much.
For those not in the knowhow of video games, I'll be taking extra care in making sure you all know what's going on in these posts and that you all have fun reading it.
Also, every now and then, I'll probably get off-topic and rave about how awesome One Piece is or something. Man, do I love that series.
The Why of Fry:
-I aim to be a writer. I love to read, and I love to write. I am interested in working in bookstores and daycare centers, but my ultimate goal in life is to write. The problem is, I haven't exactly made the best use of my time in the past several years and it's a bit obvious I've turned rusty with my writing skills. Perhaps I've even gotten somewhat lazy.
With Leave Luck To Heaven, I will dedicate myself to fix this. This blog shall serve as a "workstation" of sorts, where I shall be constantly honing my writing abilities. I often find that it's a lot easier for me to write about things I'm interested about. Of course, video games work very well with this advantage. I think it will be a great learning experience.
-As I've previously stated, I've been playing video games for twelve years. When you've spent that long with something, you can't help but be a little philosophic. What exactly appeals to you about Mario? Why do you feel so fuzzy on the inside while playing Kirby? Are more violent games such as Grand Theft Auto and Halo as great as their teenage fanbase makes them out to be? Why do you constantly sing the praises of the Earthbound (Mother) series, which you believe to be the finest game series ever crafted? How does it feel to still be playing video games this long, and why do you still enjoy playing them?
In this blog, I intend to not only answer these questions, but perhaps make my own hobby more clear to myself.
And that's about it.
I think I'm ready to start this thing. Get yourself buckled up, because it's going to be one heck of a ride.