Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Checking In + Tomita Interview Update

Finally, after seven years, The Legend of Zelda gets reviewed on Leave Luck to Heaven!! Considering the number of years, what an amazing coincidence that it's Ocarina of Time.

After more than three years, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is nearly upon us, and it's looking primed to set a revolution on par with the N64 classic. To celebrate, I'm planning on reviewing every major 3D Zelda before its March 3rd release! Will I make it?!? Well...my previous track record says no, but I've been feeling mighty inspired this new year, and I've already begun planning out Majora's Mask. The remaining four games all vary in opinion, so they'll be must-reads for any Zelda fan.

Oh, and I'm certain you're all wondering what's going on with the Tomoya Tomita interview, so I'll give an update. Most of it is complete barring a couple questions, but Tomita-san wanted to clear it with Nintendo as of late last week and we're still waiting on that (seeing as how he had to take down his music remasters on YouTube, it only makes sense he's suddenly wary). In the meantime, you can check out another interview he had with Video Game Music Online, where he goes into his time at Konami.

Just to reiterate, however, my interview for Hey Poor Player will focus exclusively on his works for Nintendo, which includes the likes of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Woolly World and Wario Land: Shake It!. I cannot begin to emphasize how interesting and humble his answers are, and it's a huge honor speaking with him. The moment it's all ready, I'll share it here!!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment