Monday, March 31, 2014

Hi There

How's it going?

So, we've had a bit of a slow start for 2014. The delays have been unfortunate, but deliberate: over the past five months or so I've been reflecting on what exactly Leave Luck to Heaven's purpose is to me. I've invested much time, labor, and love into its development, which has weathered through times of personal heartbreak and life-changing turbulence. 

When looking back over the past four years, we've come quite a ways, haven't we? Leave Luck to Heaven initially began as a writing platform for me to continually hone my craft, and the passion in my early entries are evident. I wrote various collections of articles--typically a thousand words each--revolving around individual games very near and dear to my heart, and I frequently posted impressions of the latest Nintendo releases. Those have since faded into disuse: I now only dedicate one post to each game, and I've regressed into reviewing older titles. While this has solved some problems regarding overworked time management and personal interest, it leaves new games neglected and other columns tend to languish. Leave Luck to Heaven, we can say, is still finding its voice.

And yet I feel I'm on the cusp of something. The level of writing ability between now and four years ago is night and day, and while this has caused some discomfort in reading my older work, I'm proud of how I've progressed. Yet if I want the blog to grow, it is necessary for me to follow a consistent dedication for an appropriate, realistic timetable. I cannot no longer accept a biweekly music column to be updated every few months, and I refuse to let my Kirby feature hog the spotlight for too long, and I'm rather sick of announcing new features that never come to fruition.

I want Leave Luck to Heaven to prosper through my own ambitions for writing, but I recognize this can only be managed through a reasonable workload in accordance to my time at college. Starting next month and for the next half year, I'll be initiating a regular monthly system for that strives to include two Kirby titles, the biweekly music column, and one game of my choosing. Further details are found in the bulletpoints below:
  • I aim to finish the Ten Years of Kirby column by September. Kirby: Triple Deluxe will also be added to the selection.
  • Just to speed things along, the overview of the Kirby of the Stars/Right Back at Ya! anime will be the final entry. This means April will focus on Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.
  • Biweekly Music Wednesday! will continue...this Wednesday!
  • The games of my choosing will be both old and new. I desire not to review recent games until after I have nearly exhausted everything they have to offer and have thereafter reflected sufficiently on my experience, so reviews for Nintendo's latest titles likely won't arrive until some months after their release.
Let's have a great 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment