Saturday, November 20, 2010

Intermission: What I'm Planning

Hey.

With Kirby's Adventure over and done with, I'd like to discuss my feelings regarding to how it went and what's in store for future posts.

So, with a whooping nine posts all about gushing over one game (okay, technically two), am I satisfied with what I wrote? Mmm...it's a mixed bag, honestly. I think my biggest problem was that it just got too repetitive by discussing almost each and every world in the game and I wouldn't be surprised if some of you got tired of it. And looking back, I really half-assed the Orange Ocean one by skipping over Yogurt Yard and just making an incredibly short post in general. Because of that one mistake, the last two posts felt rushed and the whole thing feels somewhat incomplete. It didn't help that some serious crap was thrown at me by college and I couldn't get my goals done in time.

Don't get me wrong, though. There were some entries (Ice Cream Island, Grape Garden, and Nightmare in Dream Land) that I think got through intact and I'm very fond of how I handled them. All in all, for my first finished effort, I think I did okay.

In related news, I have several ideas about how I'm going to go over future features. If you ask me, I think the retrospective pieces for Adventure worked out much better then the rest and I felt they were a lot more interesting to read, so I think I'll be attempting that style from now on. For my next game, this is not only quite essential, but I will be throwing in some extra twists. If you're one of those who don't follow games, this title will be crucial!

So yeah, I don't believe I'll be attempting the "World by World" model anytime soon. Not until I become much better at my craft, at the very least.

Now that I've finished that, I present to you a few brief announcements:

-I know, I know. I keep saying that the Kirby's Epic Yarn review is coming...and it will be! You can expect it either late this month or early December. Here's a hint regarding my consensuus: I feel guilty that I haven't been able to spend much time with it in the past two weeks!

-The feature for my third game will be arriving around the same time.

-Donkey Kong Country Returns finally launches tomorrow!!! I'll be celebrating today by playing Donkey Kong Country* and Donkey Kong 64. Expect impressions by Wednesday night.

*And before you ask, no, this isn't the third game! Although, it does have Donkey Kong in it...;)

See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment